View from the CrossPacific Capital office
Our fund CrossPacific Capital (www.xpcp.ca) in Vancouver is expanding rapidly and we are now looking to hire 2 analysts for our Vancouver office. You will work directly with the managing partners, Frank Christiaens and myself.
We are different from other venture capital funds in that we work closely with Chinese strategic investors, limited partners and VC funds, and that we are mainly looking for exits for our portfolio companies in Asia (especially in China). Therefore it’s a prerequisite for candidates to have lived and worked in Asia for at least 3 years. Because there is a lot of communication with China, our analysts have to be fluent in Mandarin Chinese (spoken and written).
You will need to be able to work independently and be able to determine your own work priorities. If you can handle it you’ll get a lot of responsibility (we’ll coach you of course), more than at this level in most other VC firms.
CrossPacific Capital office in Vancouver
If you plan to make the switch to venture capital this may be the right job to get into the industry. You will join pitches by companies, do due diligence on them and help us in the valuation and decision making process. We are a small organization, so there are no layers between you and the managing partners, meaning that you have a lot of direct exposure to what happens in and around the firm. Frank and I tend to be quite direct (we’re both originally Dutch…), but you’ll probably get used to that quickly. Occasional travel may be required, depending on projects and clients that you work with.
Our office is in the the middle of Gastown in Vancouver, surrounded by bars and restaurants, on the top floor of a heritage building with great views over Vancouver harbour and the North shore mountains. Several of our portfolio companies are in our office, and because of our open office environment you’ll have a lot of contact with them.
Our analyst Ms. Bing Dai, who plans to do a start-up as the next step in her career, said on her Facebook about her current job: “I learned more about entrepreneurship, technology and human interactions during the past two years at CrossPacific than any period before. A great environment to hang out with amazing people around the world and experience what starting/investing in tech companies is actually like.” Hope you don’t mind me copy/pasting your text Bing 🙂
The official job ad as posted on our website:
- CrossPacific is an asset management and advisory firm, strategically headquartered in Vancouver, BC Canada, North America’s Gateway to Asia.
- CrossPacific invests in Canadian and select US technology companies and creates value through cross-border business expansion into China. CrossPacific also invests in companies that would be investment targets for Chinese companies looking to expand their presence in North America.
- CrossPacific is managed by 2 Managing Partners and 1 CFO. The team is strenghtened by 2 Venture Partners, Enterepreneurs-in-Residence, and Advisors.
- Market Research
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence Support
- Business Developmemt Support
- Having worked in Asia for a minimum of 3 years
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Eager interest in technology
- Deep knowledge of certain technologies
- Prior start-up experience a plus – not a requirement
- University level Master degree from recognized university, preferably with an undergraduate degree in engineering or science
- Native Mandarin
- Fluent English
- Other languages a plus
Compensation & Perks
- Base salary negotiable
- Bonus as a function of value created for the Fund
- Medical and dental insurance
- Awesome Gastown office with waterfront views, accessible by Canada Line, Expo Line, Millenium Line, and many downtown buses
CONTACT: Ms Rui Habib, email@example.com
Hi Marc –
I would love to speak with you about cross-border opportunities in Fitness.
If you ever think of adding Vietnamese companies to your portfolio, let me know!