I am having a great time at CrossPacific Capital (XPCP), learning a lot and seeing many interesting deals. So many that it may be more efficient to get some assistance. Therefore I am now looking to hire an additional personal assistant / executive assistant for our office in downtown Vancouver (we have one EA already at this moment).
What does that mean? The person I am looking for will help to efficiently manage the day-to-day operations and bookkeeping of our venture capital firm. You will work directly with me, but management of staff, accounting, and support of management or other staff is also required. You may also work with some of the start-ups that we incubate in our office.
- Three to five years in administrative support in a corporate or start-up environment, with two years support at the executive level.
- Experience in an investment banking or VC/PE environment a plus.
- Minimum of a Business Admin degree from a recognized University (SFU, UBC or equivalent educational institution in Canada or abroad).
- MBA a plus
- Fluency and proficiency in the English language, with a preference for a candidate who also speaks another language (esp. Chinese would be a big plus considering our activities in China)
- Certification in accounting and bookkeeping
- Overseas experience a plus
- Ability to respect at all times the confidential nature of the work and information in the Executive’s office
- Ability to be available 24/7. Max 1 hr response time to calls, sms and email during working hours, 24 hrs response time during non working hours
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Needs Assessment: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of members and other clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness; ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
- Organization: Excellent time management skills; attention to detail; the capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency; ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create / implement actions plans and monitor progress towards goals; and ability to make clear, timely decisions.
If you are interested in this position or have any questions, you can get in touch with me at email@example.com. If you decide to apply for the job send us your resume and a short motivation. Please also indicate your expected salary level.