For the past couple of weeks we have been working on developing a new business idea for games. The new business will be part of Spil Games Asia, but we will run it as a separate entity that has to be profitable by year end. For obvious reasons I cannot disclose here what we are exactly planning to do, but it has to do with MMO games. We plan to hire 3-4 people who will be in charge of our new business, they will operate and grow the games under my supervision.
Who are we looking for?
- Ambitious young college graduates (or similar), who want to live and work in Shanghai for at least 1 year (preferably longer!).
- Foreign nationals (preferably from the US, or having lived in the US for several years) that spent at least 1 year in a Chinese university or Chinese nationals that studied at least 4 years in the US
- Fluent English and good spoken Chinese, sufficient reading abilities to play Chinese MMO’s without having to use a dictionary
- Game players – if you’re not an active MMO player you do not need to apply
- Active Internet user (Blog, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter etc.)
- 2-3 year working experience would be advantageous (esp. in order to get a Chinese working permit)
- Entrepreneurial spirit: we are going to build a business together, there is nothing yet except for a plan and some funding, and we need to launch within 3-4 months
- No programming skills necessary
The ideal candidate would be someone who spent some time working in the US and then decided to study Chinese for a while in China. After doing this for 1-2 years he/she would like to stay on in China to continue learning the language and to gain some more work experience in a young and very dynamic organization.
This is not an expat job with a big package: you will work in a start-up in small group of young people. A work hard, play hard environment. If your main goal is a good salary, this is not the job for you. Your main objective for applying should be because you love games, you like to work in Shanghai and you want to get some valuable work experience in the online game industry.
If you think this descriptions fits you, please send me an email at marcvanderchijs (at) gmail (dot) com. Feel free to forward to anybody that could be interested! We will start hiring immediately, but if you can only start in 2-3 months you can apply as well. Headhunters and recruitment agencies: no need to respond.
It’s a very interesting job offer ! I could apply but I do not match some requirements (I never set a single feet in the US and I only can read/write traditional chinese)
Good luck for this new start-up and don’t forget to tell us more about it (when in’s possible), it’s always interesting to see a company growing-up.
This sounds like the perfect job for me.
Despite that I don’t speak a single word of Chinese, never played an MMO game and have no time whatsoever to spend 1 year in Shanghai, I meet however the requirements of no programming skills, active Internet user and entrepeneurial spirit.
Since it is proven that any monkey scores better not only on stock exchange, but also in a casino gambling red/black at the roulette table, I am sure I will do fine playing Chinese MMO’s.
How many shares and business cards do I get? What are the other perks (car, housing, travel budget, holidays)? Can I be the CEO? Do I get to meet folks like Bill Gates, Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby? Can I work from home? What is the ecological footprint of my workspot? When do I start?
Marc, tip: We weresearching for some interns here in Korea before and found (top 10) university networks that easily communicate to young talents. Your specifications shouldn’t be to hard to find, esp. in HK region I expect people to match your profile. Best, Joop